Wednesday, 16 November 2011

George House Two week Voluntary Placement

 Workings alongside girls wear and baby wear design teams i really enjoyed my work experience at George, even though I was there for just two week I learnt a great deal in such a short space of time J everyone was so friendly I didn’t want to go home on the last day!
My placement was in  lutterworth leicestershire  these are the tasks that were set and what I learnt wile i was there
·         Pantone colour referencing
·         Competitor and designer research
·         Constructing design boards
·         Categorising clothing rails
·         Power point presentations
·         Working on 2012 winter collection
·         Designing labels for trend folders and filling
·         Commercial awareness
I also learnt how to make my work a lot more commercial which was interesting!
I stayed at The Shambles in lutterworth not too far from George house I really enjoyed my stay :-)


Below are some pictures i took around the village, it was small but a really nice place I wouldn’t say no to living their.


I also found the most Aammaaaazing shop where I popped in to buy a gift, the pic bellow is of their window display, the shop inside had a range of gifts I just wanted to buy everything!

Unfortunately their website does not resemble how the shop looks but they do have a face book group





 

No comments:

Post a Comment